Welcome to the new home of the West Australian 86 & BRZ Club Incorporated!
The new committee is pleased to present to our members the new website for 2016 and beyond. As you may or may not be aware, 2015 was a quiet year, plagued with management problems and an inability to access the clubs finances, which in turn led to our members not seeing much value for money out of their club memberships. We wish to make it very clear that we have spent a great deal of personal time going over previous documents, learning from mistakes made by office bearers of the past so that we can provide to you a fun, warm and inviting social club where all of us as enthusiasts of the Zx6 platform can come together to exchange information and have a good time enjoying our cars and associated past-times and hobbies.
Memberships – New Members and Renewals
If you were a member previously, please check your email inbox carefully as you will be sent instructions on one of two possible scenarios. Either:
- Your membership has expired between December 2015 and February 2016 – You will be sent an email to notify you of the lapse and that you should make a new account on the website.
- Your membership is valid – You will be sent an email with a code to use that will let you sign up for free. Once we see your registration, the expiry date will be set to the correct value by the admin team.
Our CAMS Affiliation is currently expired – it will be renewed in the coming days. The official documentation / proof of affiliation will be made available on the website.
Looking forward to 2016
We have a number of events planned for the year. While many are still in early phases of discussion, on the cards are:
- Social Cruises on Weekends to explore the outer areas of town, visiting common hotspots or places of interest (Serpentine, York, Swan Valley etc)
- Trackdays and Driver Training
- Come and Try at Barbagallo Raceway
- BBQ / Family Picnic
- Competitive Motorsport (Club Sprint Series, Red Mist with TECCWA)
- Possible 86/BRZ vs TECCWA Autocross at RAC
- Tech Talks from our sponsors (Mechanics, Car Care, Tuning, Car Setups)
- Show and Shines (Toyotas in the Park as an example)
We are in the process of securing sponsorships for the year, once this is finalised we will have a better idea on the clubs financial position and can move forward with such event planning.